Monday 10 October 2011

Chapter 25: Reflection

Kipwil was flying high on top of the world with her results.  She showed Hubba Hubba who gave her more than congratulations, and shared the news with the friends and family that have been following and supporting her.  Kipwil knew that without all of them, she couldn’t do it.
But with every height reached, there must always follow a balance.  While Kipwil was not as sad as she had been before , there was a feeling of flatness, like the colour had just drifted slightly out of the picture, leaving a shadow of what was there before. Kipwil stuck to her habits though with Nanny Nutrition’s help and Sergeant JFDI’s instruction.
One morning, Kipwil looked at herself long and hard in the mirror.  It had been a little over 4 weeks since she had discovered her new home and met Queen Mish.  Kipwil whispered to her reflection….” What WERE you like before you came here?
To her surprise, her reflection winked back at her and said, “Little Mousey who wouldn’t say Boo to something new… So you lived your life in a small circle of TV, couches, wine and food. Lots of food.  And wishing away your life.”
Kipwil blinked.  She reached out and touched the mirror and her reflection did the same.
Weird she thought.
“ Who are YOU calling weird?” the reflection grinned back.
Kipwil startled,  jumped back and watched carefully for a few seconds.
Well then, who am I now?” Kipwil asked
“ You are STRONG! DETERMINED! You are a FORCE to be reckoned with and you are learning and growing.  You are a REAL PERSON now!” The reflection said back enthusiastically.
Kipwil thought about those words as she went about her day.  She thought about how much she had done and wondered to herself what the hardest thing to make a habit had been.  Her eyes fell on her menu plan Nanny Nutrition left out.  That was the hardest thing, Kipwil thought, eating properly and not just whenever, wherever and whatever. But it’s a habit I’ll not let go of now, I feel so much BETTER! 
So what was the easiest thing? Kipwil thought on. Well the exercise routine would be the easiest, I love routines and planning my classes and knowing exactly where I am supposed to be at any given time suits me down to the ground.  Who knew I’d love it so much?! Kipwil chuckled to herself as she went back to the bathroom .

Looking at herself in the mirror again, Kipwil could see the changes in her body.  It has changed so much over the past 4 weeks. I have shape in my waist, I have muscles in my arms and legs, I can see my face and neck as normal and not all puffy. My skin is clearer, I am smiling more and I am standing strong and tall and straight! And that’s not all….my mindset has changed too.  I can feel the strength in my willpower, I no longer listen to my own excuses and I am thinking smarter and clearer about the choices I can make.
Later, Kipwil went for her run along the river and came to the spot she shouted out her commitment to Queen Mish and kicked Other Self off her back.  She looked at the beauty and calmness around her, put her hands on her hips and shouted.
I NOW KNOW I AM STRONG BECAUSE I AM STILL DOING THIS! I DIDN’T GIVE UP AND I WON’T GIVE UP. “ That was the crux of it all.  Kipwil knew her mind and determination were strong, and even if her motivation wobbled a bit from time to time, she would stay the course.  She went on.

I AM PROUDEST OF OVERCOMING MY FEAR OF WATER EVERYTIME I GET IN THE POOL TO LEARN TO SWIM. I AM PROUD I AM LEARNING TO SWIM AND NOT BACKING OUT LIKE THE OLD ME WOULD HAVE DONE. I ROCK!!!” And with that last statement Kipwil leapt into the air punching it like a madwoman and laughing.
“In 8 more weeks you will see me toned, happy and confident, crossing the finish line and loving it.”
Kipwil turned as she finished shouting it out and ran back along the path to home.  Over the door was a name.  The home used to be called “ I’ll try” but the name had been removed and a new name painted over the top. That’s me. That’s the word that applies to me now thought Kipwil.

The word was “ YES

Many thanks to Kath from Couragetostart for this week’s blog challenge.

No comments: